[Lustre-discuss] Mount OST with a new journal device

Ralf Utermann ralf.utermann at physik.uni-augsburg.de
Thu Dec 4 05:03:25 PST 2008

Andreas Dilger wrote:
[...]
> 	tune2fs -O ^has_journal {filesystem_dev}
> 	e2fsck -f {filesystem_dev}		 (not sure if required)
> 	tune2fs -J device={journal_dev} {filesystem_dev}
we are just starting with Lustre, so this has been more or less a
test environment. Will set up the journal on shared storage for
production.

For this case: I could not remove the has_journal entry, probably
because I removed the old journal device before doing this:

alcc-ost1:~#  tune2fs -f -O ^has_journal /dev/vgoss1/ost1
tune2fs 1.40.11.sun1 (17-June-2008)
The needs_recovery flag is set.  Please run e2fsck before clearing
the has_journal flag.
alcc-ost1:~# e2fsck /dev/vgoss1/ost1
e2fsck 1.40.11.sun1 (17-June-2008)
External journal does not support this filesystem

Thanks for your help, Frank and Andreas,

Bye, Ralf
--
        Ralf Utermann