[Lustre-discuss] Lustre-discuss Digest, Vol 35, Issue 5

Denise Hummel denise_hummel at nrel.gov
Thu Dec 4 06:40:16 PST 2008

Hi Brian;

Thanks for the advice.  The messages you saw were immediately prior to
the kernel panic - the console showed the kernel panic and the messages
on the console were about brw_writes and OST timeouts.
I did do a baseline, so will try to determine the appropriate number of
threads.  You are right that we were probably oversubscribing the
storage and just recently became overloaded with the number of Gaussian
jobs running.
Is it typical for a kernel panic in this situation?

Thanks,
Denise

On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 01:27 -0800,