[Lustre-discuss] Lustre-discuss Digest, Vol 35, Issue 6

Thu Dec 4 07:58:03 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 08:39 -0700, Denise Hummel wrote:
> Hi Brian;
>
> I guess I am not being very clear.  The next message in the log shows -
> Dec  3 14:53:01 oss1 syslogd 1.4.1: restart.
> When all the nodes locked up, I went to the console on the OSS where I
> saw the OOPS - Kernel Panic message and the system was down.

Ahhh.  So there was a panic, just not in the logs.

That is completely not expected.  A(n over)load on the OSS should not
panic it.

> The
> messages I sent were the last messages written to the log before the
> panic/restart.  I was hoping the messages would point to something I
> should look at,

Nope.  We'd need to see the actual panic/oops output to do anything
there.  Normally you can get this on the serial console or with
netdump/netconsole, etc.

[ lots of unrelated digest deleted ]

In the future, please try trim out the unrelated parts of the digest if
you reply to a message in it.

b.