[Lustre-discuss] Lustre error: ll_inode_revalidate_fini failure -43

Hendelman, Rob Rob.Hendelman at magnetar.com
Thu Dec 18 12:02:40 PST 2008

I have seen this error on several clients:

LustreError: 6200:0:(file.c:2513:ll_inode_revalidate_fini()) failure -43 inode 36134281

Anyone know what this is in reference to?  I see this referenced by multiple clients & always the same inode.  I don't see this problem in the logs with any other inode

Googling (http://www.mail-archive.com/lustre-discuss@lists.lustre.org/msg00201.html) shows a post by Andreas Dilger on Feb 2008 saying that the mds has a user database that is missing a particular UID.

How can I find the actual file with this inode on the filesystem to see what uid number is assigned to it?  The mgs/mds/oss/clients all should have the same UID info using NIS.

Thanks,

Robert

P.S.  All our servers are x86_64 centos with the actual lustre rpms installed (1.6.5.1 IIRC) and the servers are 2.6.22 patchless ubuntu clients.

The information contained in this message and its attachments
is intended only for the private and confidential use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient
(or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the
sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-
mail is strictly prohibited.