[Lustre-discuss] Bug when using /dev/cciss/c0d2 as mdt/ost

Wed Dec 24 08:29:21 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-24 at 11:02 +0530, rishi pathak wrote:
> I am trying to build lustre-1.6.6 against the pre-patched kernel
> downloaded from SUN.

Can I ask, just out of curiosity, why you are trying to build and don't
just use the provided RPMs?

> But as written in Operations manual, it creates rpms for
> 2.6.18-92.1.10.el5_lustrecustom. Is there a way to ask it not to
> append custom as extraversion.

If I understand your problem correctly, you can edit the Makefile in the
kernel source and remove the "custom" from the EXTRAVERSION.

b.