[Lustre-discuss] Client hangs when reading from Lustre ...

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Mon Feb 4 13:54:53 PST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out something odd ... a node in my cluster hangs when I
run 'df', or 'find -exec file {}' or other commands like that.

No other clients in the cluster exhibit the same behaviour. I'm seeing a lot
of messages like this in its syslog:

-- cut --
Feb  4 13:51:37 tiger-0-6 kernel: LustreError:
5827:0:(client.c:576:ptlrpc_check_status()) @@@ type == PTL_RPC_MSG_ERR, err
== -30 req at 000001010d30e400 x9218/t0
o8->ost1_UUID at tiger-oss-0-0.local_UUID:6 lens 240/272 ref 1 fl Rpc:R/0/40000
rc 0/-30
-- cut --

I haven't had problems with this node before, but I'm hoping someone out
there can maybe make a suggestion as to where to look to figure out what's
going on.

The cluster is running kernel version 2.6.9-42.0.2.EL_lustre.1.4.7.1 with
ROCKS 4.1.

thanks,
Klaus