[Lustre-discuss] how to recreate an OST?

Bernd Schubert bs at q-leap.de
Tue Feb 5 09:29:55 PST 2008

Hello,

lets assume there had been a severe hardware failure and an entire OST was
lost. Now I simply want to recreate this OST - I run mkfs.lustre and
tunefs.lustre --index={old index of the lost ost}.
Now on mounting this OST mount.lustre and the MGS complain this index is
already in use. Nice, but how can I convince it the action I try to do is
correct? tunefs.lustre --writeconf /dev/mgsdevice doesn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bernd

PS: No real data lost, I'm just to lazy to re-create the entire Lustre
filesystem.

--
Bernd Schubert
Q-Leap Networks GmbH