[Lustre-discuss] obdfilter/datafs-OST0000/recovery_status

Tue Feb 5 12:19:33 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 11:41 -0800, Ron wrote:
> I'm evaluating lustre. I'm trying what I think is a basic/simple
> ethernet config. with MDT and OST on the same node. Can someone tell
> me if the following (~150 second recovery occurring when small 190 GB
> OST is re-mounted) is expected behavior or if I'm missing something?

it's expected given that you mounted the MDT first.  There is nothing
technically wrong with this (mountconf allows you to mount in any order)
except that when the OSTs mount, recovery will be needed.  To avoid
this, mount the OSTs first.

b.