[Lustre-discuss] Luster clients getting evicted

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Wed Feb 6 07:59:05 PST 2008

>> If client get eviction from the server, it might be triggered by
>
> 1) server did not get client pinger msg in a long time.
> 2) client is too busy to handle the server lock cancel req.

Clients show a load of 4.2  (4 cores total, 1 process per core).

> 3) client cancel the lock, but the network just dropped the cancel
> reply to server.
I see a very small amount (6339) of dropped packets on the interfaces
of the OSS.  Links between the switches show no errors.

> 4) server is too busy to handle the lock cancel reply from the
> client or be blocked somewhere.

I started paying attention to the OSS more once you said this, some
times i see the cpu use of socknal_sd00 get to 100%.  Now is this
process used to keep all the odb_ping's going?

Both the OSS and the MDS/MGS are SMP systems and run single
interfaces.  If I dual homed the servers would that create another
socknal process for lnet?