[Lustre-discuss] Trying to build lustre with unsupported kernel

Patrick Winnertz patrick.winnertz at credativ.de
Wed Feb 13 14:34:14 PST 2008

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2008 22:49:28 schrieb Craig Tierney:
> Ok, So I went and I modified configure.ac to include support for
> 2.6.20.20. I just told it to use the 2.6.18-vanilla case (to see what
> would happen). However, I haven't gotten any further.  To build
> properly, I need to regenerate the configure file from configure.ac.  I
> am not sure the proper way to do that. when I run make in the ldiskfs
> directory, that does re-create the configure file. However, it does not
> do it successfully.  Many of the macros (is that the right term) in the
> configure.ac file are not expanded properly.

> What is the proper way to rebuild the configure file?
I would suggest to have a look on the debian pkg-lustre team:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-lustre/trunk/

Maybe there is something usefull for you. (we build also lustre for kernel
2.6.22 atm)

Greetings
Winnie

--
Patrick Winnertz
Tel.: +49 (0) 2161 / 4643 - 0

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz