[Lustre-discuss] how do you mount mountconf (i.e. 1.6) lustre on your servers?

Kilian CAVALOTTI kilian at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 14 10:53:19 PST 2008

On Thursday 14 February 2008 10:44:33 am Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> > on an OSS:
> >   /dev/sdb  /lustre/ost-home  lustre  defaults,_netdev 0 0
>
> No heartbeat or failover then?

Nope. We initially planned to implement failover on our MDS, but I never
managed to get Heartbeat working reliabily on our shared-bus
configuration. It caused more downtime than it provides
high-availability.

We also had hardware issues, which likely caused the problems, but now
that our cluster is in production, I can't really bring it down to
reimplement failover. Users would probably begin to throw things at
me... :)

Cheers,
--
Kilian