[Lustre-discuss] Lustre Bug 13197

Charles Taylor taylor at hpc.ufl.edu
Sun Feb 17 05:04:36 PST 2008

We are running lustre 1.6.3 with some patches we applied by hand with
a patched 2.6.18-8.1.14 kernel on both the clients and servers.
We think we are now hitting lustre bug 13197 and can no longer
operate without a fix.    We could apply the 13197 patch to 1.6.3 and
keep going as we are but we would like to start moving  to 1.6.4.2.

Would it be insane to update to 1.6.4.2 on the MDS and OSSs while
continuing to run 1.6.3 on the clients or is 1.6.4.2 similar enough
to interoperate with 1.6.3 clients?

Note, I'm not asking for guarantees.   Just wondering if anyone
*knows* that this will or should not work.

Charlie Taylor
UF HPC Center