[Lustre-discuss] ldlm_enqueue operation failures

Charles Taylor taylor at hpc.ufl.edu
Mon Feb 18 13:29:17 PST 2008

FWIW, we got our  MGS/MDS and OSSs upgraded to 1.6.4.2 and they seem
to be fine.    The clients are still running 1.6.3.

Unfortunately, the upgrade did not resolve our issue.    One our
users has an mpi app where every thread opens the same input file
(actually several in succession).    Although we have run this job
successfully before on up to 512 procs, it is not working now.
Lustre seems to be locking up when all the threads go after the same
file (to open) and we see things such as ...

Feb 18 15:42:11 r3b-s16 kernel: LustreError: 11-0: an error occurred
while communicating with 10.13.24.40 at o2ib. The ldlm_enqueue operation
failed with -107
Feb 18 15:42:11 r3b-s16 kernel: LustreError: Skipped 21 previous