[Lustre-discuss] user can't access data until root has

Jonathan Meagher jonathan.meagher at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:06:53 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to lean how use lustre 1.6.4.2 by setting up a simple test
system with one OST (SUSE 10), one MDT/MGS (RHEL5), and one client
(RHEL5).

I think I've got everything formated and mounted following the
examples in the Lustre Manual (Section 4.1.1). But I have the problem
that I can't ls a directory on the lustre filesystem until root has ls
that directory.

I get

ls: .: Identifer removed

I guessing this is something very simple I've forgot to set. The user
does have read access to the directory.

Many thanks

Jonathan