[Lustre-discuss] 2.6.23 client systems with any compatible server

Ron ron.rex at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:59:33 PST 2008

I want to have a lustre client running on a system with 2.6.23.12
kernel. (The reason is that there is a special patch that is required
for these 60+ Quad-Core AMD Opteron systems that we have and the patch
is currently only available for this 2.6.23.12 kernel).

Does anyone have a recommendation of how I should get a client and
then a compatible server?
For the server, we only need minimal throughput, we just would like to
see if Lustre can manage a filesystem created on a 40 TB disk system
attached via a qlogic fibre channel adapter.  We were planning to run
the mgs, mdt, and several OSTs on a single system. There are no kernel
constraints for the server. (We currently have a redhat base x86_64
distribution loaded.)

I have tried a lustre CVS client (20080116) for the 2.6.23.12, but
seem to have run into a compatibility issue with the 1.6.4.*-
vanilla_2.6.18.8 server.

Any recommendation for any 2.6.23.12 client and ??? server I should
try next?

Thanks,
Ron