[Lustre-discuss] MDT Failover not functioning properly with Lustre FS

Chadha, Narjit Narjit.Chadha at necam.com
Sat Feb 23 14:56:54 PST 2008

 I do not believe this is the issue, although it was written this way in
my training manual. I had used something to the effect of 'mkfs.lustre
--mdt --mgs --fsname mylustre --failnode=lustre02 at tcp --reformat
/dev/sdc1' when formatting the ost, as you have it. The mkfs.lustre
command works properly with a single mdt, but it appears for a failover
configuration, the 'lustre0[1-2]' syntax is not being accepted, and this
needs to be fixed in the manual once the correct syntax is known.

Regards,

Narjit