[Lustre-discuss] Help needed in building patchless client for lustre

Mon Feb 25 08:32:21 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 13:10 +0530, ashok bharat bayana wrote:
> hi!
> I tried to build lustre-1.6.4.2 in my system, but the following error occured,
>
> /home/bharat/Desktop/lustre-1.6/lustre-1.6.4.2/lustre/lvfs/lvfs_linux.c:345: error: too few arguments to function ‘vfs_rename’

This smacks of a Ubuntu kernel.  Ubuntu Gutsy to be precise.  If so, you
will be out of luck.  Ubuntu have added AppArmor to their kernel and
that addition has resulted in a number of VFS API changes which we do
not handle.

> my kernel version is 2.6.22.14.

Yeah, that looks like a Ubuntu kernel.

b.