[Lustre-discuss] Multiple NICs per OST

Joshua Bower-Cooley jbowercooley at lcogt.net
Tue Feb 26 11:55:19 PST 2008

Hi-
I've had lustre running happily for some time over a single 10g ethernet NIC
per node. After switching to dual 10g and creating a new filesystem
(1.6.4.2), I'm seeing nothing but keep-alive packets with bad checksums.

What is the current "correct" way to do this now? The manual suggest not using
bonding, but several list postings now reccommend it. Without bonding, do I
need to have my 2 switches stacked, or will Lustre recognize the division in
my subnet?

LNET module options I've tried are:
1) networks="tcp0(eth2,eth3)"
2) ip2nets="tcp(eth2,eth3); tcp(eth2) 10.9.[1-4].*; tcp(eth3) 10.9.[5-8].*;"
and many other variations

All other services are functional on both interfaces.

Thanks in advance,
J Bower-Cooley
Scientific Systems Engineer
Las Cumbres Observatory Global Telescope