[Lustre-discuss] Latest RHEL kernel: won't make mgs module, and ko2iblnd not built for right OFED modules

Chris Worley worleys at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 06:49:02 PST 2008

Lustre 1.6.4.2, OFED 1.2.5.5, RHEL kernel 2.6.9.67.0.4.

Configured with: --with-o2ib --with-ldiskfs

mgs.ko is built but not wrapped into modules rpm, with an undefined
external that should be from the lvfs module (lvfs_check_rdonly).

When ko2iblnd loads, it gets lots of "disagrees about version of
symbol <some OFED symbol>" messages.  I'm guessing this is building
wrt the ib modules in the kernel rather than the OFED modules I have
loaded.

There were other patches I needed to make for this kernel (to resolve
mutex_lock/unlock, __d_rehash, and __d_move... but those were easy to
fix).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Chris