[Lustre-discuss] ptlrpcd

Paul Nowoczynski pauln at psc.edu
Fri Feb 29 13:26:20 PST 2008

Thomas,
To my knowledge, 'ptlrpcd' is a thread that's responsible for pushing
asynchronous rpc requests to various places.  It is also tasked with
receiving the replies to those requests.
I imagine the OSS has a lot of outstanding async rpc's which need to be
continually processed.  It's just a hunch.. I haven't dug around in the
OSS enough to know exactly what's going on.
paul