[Lustre-discuss] small file performance

Cliff White Cliff.White at Sun.COM
Sat Jan 5 13:59:27 PST 2008

Aaron Knister wrote:
> Striping is turned off. Are there any other optimizations you know of
> to increase the speed of metadata operations?

Not metadata specific, but increasing
/proc/fs/lustre/ldlm/namespaces/*/lru_size on the affected clients
will help in some cases. This parameter controls locks cached on the
client. Increasing it should help your compiles.

This parameter can be set per-client, you do not have to alter server-side.

cliffw