[Lustre-discuss] after setup lustre 1.6.0.1, can't reboot server

Wed Jan 9 09:40:26 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 01:36 +0800, Boilingolf wrote:
> I have installed lustre 1.6.0.1six RPM packets on RedHat Enterprise
> AS4.0 server(kernel 2.6.9), but when I restart server with luster
> kernel,
>
> the booting information stop here and cant go any further!
>

> Starting udev:
>
> Initializing hardware … Storage network

This looks like some issue with the kernel and your storage hardware.
This is going to be very difficult for somebody here on this list to
diagnose since it's not even booting to a point where you can collect
information for us.  You are going to have to rely on your basic (linux)
debugging skills and dig in and debug the booting process to see what's
getting stuck.  Try by enabling xtrace in /etc/rc.sysinit.

b.