[Lustre-discuss] I had installed Lustre but.....

Kumar, Venkat Venkat.Kumar at lsi.com
Fri Jan 11 01:58:47 PST 2008

I had cross compiled lustre-1.6.4.1 for ARM.
The following error is coming while trying to format ost.

I checked all the .ko files generated after building lustre but couldn't
find ldiskfs.ko.

================
 armv5l-linux-mkfs.lustre  --reformat --fsname=lustre --ost
--mgsnode=172.22.14.120 at tcp /dev/sdb1
   Permanent disk data:
Target:     lustre-OSTffff
Index:      unassigned
Lustre FS:  lustre
Mount type: ldiskfs
Flags:      0x72
              (OST needs_index first_time update )
Persistent mount opts: errors=remount-ro,extents,mballoc
Parameters: mgsnode=172.22.14.120 at tcp

device size = 784MB
formatting backing filesystem ldiskfs on /dev/sdb1
        target name  lustre-OSTffff
        4k blocks     0
        options        -I 256 -q -O dir_index -F
mkfs_cmd = mkfs.ext2 -j -b 4096 -L lustre-OSTffff  -I 256 -q -O
dir_index -F /dev/sdb1
armv5l-linux-mkfs.lustre: Unable to mount /dev/sdb1: No such device
Is the ldiskfs module available?

armv5l-linux-mkfs.lustre FATAL: failed to write local files
====

While building lustre the following are the errors directed to stdout.
Rest of  the output is redirected to a file.
====
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use
--host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be
used.
configure: line 4448: LC_CONFIG_SPLIT: command not found
configure: line 4449: LC_CONFIG_LDISKFS: command not found
configure: WARNING: Unpatched kernel detected.
configure: WARNING: Lustre servers cannot be built with an unpatched
kernel;
configure: WARNING: disabling server build
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use
--host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be
used.
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use
--host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be
used.
configure: error: cannot check for file existence when cross compiling
configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for ldiskfs
====

Thanks,
Venkat

Venkata Kumar Duvvuru,
Sofware Engineer II, Advanced Development,
LSI Engenio Storage Group,
Bangalore.
Tel  : +91-80-41978700 ( Extn : 3544 )
Mob: +91-9880318542