[Lustre-discuss] NFS export patch/error questions

Oleg Drokin Oleg.Drokin at Sun.COM
Tue Jan 15 18:38:47 PST 2008

Hello!

On Jan 15, 2008, at 7:29 PM, Dan wrote:
> I'm running 1.6.4.1 and applied the patches 14006, 14007 and 14008.  I
> tried to apply the other patches (14363, 14693, 14442, 14591)
> recommended
> recently by Oleg but they are too different from the Lustre 1.6.4.1
> sources (tried 1.6.3 as well) to patch even by hand.  Any
> suggestions on
> how to apply them?

Aha, I took a closer look. You do not need all the patches from those
bugs,
you only need patches that are applicable to b1_6 tree (usually stated
in a
comment somewhere or in landing flags).
So that leaves you with a list of:
bug 14360/att 14006
bug 14379/att 14007, 14008 (these three you already have - good).
bug 13371/att 14591 - this one applies to 1.6.4.1 with one minor
problem in
                       autoconf script, trivial to resolve by hand.
(Also
                       by mistake there is ldlm/ldlm_lock.c change
that you better
                       avoid as it undoes att 14008 - you can overcome
this by
                       not applying 14008 at all and when applying
this patch, patch
                       would tell you there is likely reversed patch
and do you want
                       to assume -R, you just agree here).

you do not need 14693, this is for different branch.
att 14363 is not strictly necessary for you, so if you cannot apply
it, don't do it.
att 14442 - you don't need this one either as it is for different
branch.

Bye,
     Oleg