[Lustre-discuss] How to configure routing

Jerome, Ron Ron.Jerome at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Jan 16 05:45:08 PST 2008

Hi Isaac,

Yes I had read the documentation prior to posting my question but a
couple of things were still unclear to me, but first a bit more
background... My lustre filesystem & my cluster reside on a private
(192.169.xxx.xxx) network I have a couple of machines which are
connected to both the private network and our public network and I would
like a machine which only has access to the public network to mount the
lustre filesystem on the private network via one of the nodes which
spans both.

So my questions are...

a) is it possible to route to and from a private (192.168.xxx.xxx)
Ethernet network to a public one (132.246.xxx.xxx)? The documents only
show routing between Ethernet and other networks such as elan, Myrinet
etc.

b) if this is possible, what is the correct syntax for the modprobe.conf
file?  I currently have...

  options lnet networks="tcp0(eth0),tcp1(eth1)" routes="tcp1
192.168.0.2 at tcp"

c) from a client on the public network what would the syntax be for
accessing (mounting) the mgs through the routing node?

Thanks very much,

Ron.