[Lustre-discuss] Any updates to the base CentOS 5 distro required?

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Thu Jan 17 00:20:24 PST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008  10:05 -0700, Lundgren, Andrew wrote:
> I found the problem, iptables was blocking the connections.
>
> Will lustre function with iptables enabled?  Do I need to open more than
> port 988 for lustre to function?

You need 988 open for incoming connections on the client, OSS, and MDS
nodes.  LNET will create 3 outgoing connections on available reserved
ports to each client/server pair, starting with 1023, 1022, and 1021,
unless those are used by something else.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.