[Lustre-discuss] MDS/MDT Performance

Canon, Richard Shane canonrs at ornl.gov
Thu Jan 17 05:47:30 PST 2008

Rei,

We did some testing with a TMS SSD array (over SRP) about a year ago.
We did not see a substantial performance difference versus a write
cache-on DDN system (I think it was a 9550 attached via IB SRP).  With
write cache turned off we did see a difference (I forget how large).
Most of the tests were done with mdtest from LLNL.  Sarp Oral did the
evaluation.  He can provide more details if you are interested.

We are hoping to repeat these tests soon with some loaner hardware.  We
can share results as we get them, although our intent is to draft a
white paper when we are done.

--Shane