[Lustre-discuss] How do you make an MGS/OSS listen on 2 NICs?

Lundgren, Andrew Andrew.Lundgren at Level3.com
Thu Jan 17 10:32:29 PST 2008

The clients and servers both have two nics connected to different switches using different subnets.  The clients and servers both have their eth0 devices connected to the same switch on one subnet and their eth1 on a second switch using a second subnet.

They can talk to each other over the same switch or via routing between the switches.

client eth0 <-same switch-> server eth0
client eth1 <-same switch-> server eth1
client eth0 <-via routing between switches-> server eth1
client eth1 <-via routing between switches-> server eth0

--
Andrew