[Lustre-discuss] Network failover

Hans-Juergen Schnitzer schnitzer at rz.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Wed Jul 2 10:08:00 PDT 2008

In my current configuration, when I do a failover from one OSS node
to another one, the client reconnects after some time. That works fine.
However, when I simply unplug the IB connector on the
OSS, the client hangs, waiting for the connection to come back.

One use-case is that I would like to switch to ethernet when I
shutdown IB for maintenance for example. How can I do that?

Best regards,
Hans Schnitzer