[Lustre-discuss] is lustre for us?

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 10:36:47 PDT 2008

At my university we have a big storage problem. Currently we have 25 Linux
servers each equiped with 3 TB of data. Totaling to 75TB of storage. We use
each server as a NFS server and have clients mount up the filesystem. They
are all connected by a GigE network.

The problem we are facing is performance and scalibility. When a users
access data, many times they access the same server. This is becoming a huge
performance problem. The files sizes range from 8GB to 70GB.

Would Lustre solve our performance and management problem? How would lustre
scale? I have been reading the quickstart guide, is it easy to implement?

TIA