[Lustre-discuss] cleaning up on lustre

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 04:01:01 PDT 2008

We have just implemented lustre at my university and we are trying to
get used to some concepts. We have recreated the environment
manytimes, but I would like to understand how to do some things. The
wiki or the operations manual does not have these directions clearly
spelled out.

For example, I would like to know what is the correct way to remove
remove (OST). The OSTs reside on a Linux LVM. I guess I can do,
"unmount on all lustre clients" , on the MDS run "lctl dl" and then
"lctl --device OSC_UID deactivate" and then removelv?

Does that sound ok?

Any ideas?

TIA