[Lustre-discuss] cleaning up on lustre

Papp Tamás tompos at martos.bme.hu
Tue Jul 8 06:54:13 PDT 2008

Kalpak Shah wrote:
> Doing a "lctl --device OSC_UUID deactivate" on the MDS will only stop
> new objects from being allocated on that OST. To completely remove the
> OST you need to use "lctl conf_param lustre-OST0000.osc.active=0". If

What's the difference between lctl deactivate and 'completely remove',
is it permanent?

What does happen, if I deactivate an OST on the client, connect another
new one, create the same object ( from example a file, called test.txt
in the same directory), then recover the old OST again?

Thank you,

tamas