[Lustre-discuss] Problem after upgrade to 1.6.5

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Tue Jul 8 23:19:06 PDT 2008

On Jul 08, 2008  16:32 -0700, daledude wrote:
> > The problems was solved itself. Tomorrow I found the /fastfs lustre
> > filesystem mounted everywhere without problems.
>
> Do you know how the problem solved itself or did you fix something? Im
> having a similar but I cant tell if its because the raid controller
> (perc6/e) just cant get past 3.8tb of a 5tb raid5, or if there is a
> problem with drives in the raid5 (md1000) even tho megacli says all is
> good.

If this is a branch-new installation (i.e. there isn't any data on the
RAID that you want to use/keep) then you could run "llverdev" on the
device to see if the device is working properly.  A "partial" (-p) run
is enough to do a quick test of the device, but if you really aren't
sure of the state of the devices then a "long" (-l) test can be useful
(though somewhat slow).

The ldiskfs filesystem in recent lustre releases is working with up
to 8TB devices (though not more yet), so this shouldn't be a problem
for your 5TB device.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.