[Lustre-discuss] Setting debug level in 1.6.5.1

Dennis Nelson dnelson at sgi.com
Tue Jul 8 23:29:59 PDT 2008

Hi,

The Lustre manual discuses setting debug to a bitmask of 0x3f0400.  It also
says that you can verify the debug level used with the following command:

# sysctl portals.debug

I am running Lustre 1.6.5.1.  When I run this I get the following:

# sysctl portals.debug
error: "portals.debug" is an unknown key

Is this a typo in the manual or has something changed?

It also says that I can verify and change the value using the /proc
interface.  I currently have:

# cat /proc/sys/lnet/debug
ioctl neterror warning error emerg ha config console

Which I assume is the default since I have not changed it.  What does this
represent?  Does this correspond to the 0x3f0400 bitmap?  How would I know?

Thanks,