[Lustre-discuss] multihomed OST's configuration

Thu Jul 10 06:37:22 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 05:07 -0700, mdavid wrote:

> Anyway I still don't know how to configure "multiple NICS" both from
> the point of view of the OS and Lustre
> note all the ethXX are in the same LAN, and connected to the same card
> in the switch

Even at the OS level, that's a very odd, if not outright broken
configuration.  I can't imagine a valid use case for having multiple
interfaces (each with their own address) on the same subnet.

> if on the Lustre OST's I put
> options lnet networks=tcp(eth0,eth1,eth2,eth3)

I really think to achieve what you are trying to do, you want to bond
them.

> in principle I would have a single IP for the server

Then you need Linux bonding.

b.