[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.6.5 MDS problem?

Fri Jul 11 12:27:23 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 19:45 -0700, Johnlya wrote:
> Please tell me how to set "Adaptive Timeouts".

Bugzilla ticket 15956 is probably a good place to start.

> If a subset of clients flood lustre with I/O, does it cause other
> clients not to work?

Only so much as any intensive user(s) of any shared resource denies that
resource to other users.  If you are among 20 people all wanting to pay
for their purchases at a store and there is only one till open, you will
wait longer than if you were the only one person there.  Accordingly
everyone has to adjust your tolerance (timeout) for delays of that
heavily used resource (the till).  Nobody actually doesn't get checked
out, you all just take longer to get checked out.

b.