[Lustre-discuss] Making a init script

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Fri Jul 11 14:19:19 PDT 2008

On Jul 11, 2008  11:27 +0900, Satoshi Isono wrote:
> I am using lustre-1.6.4.3 on RHEL 5.1 with kernel 2.6.18. And then, I
> found Lustre bug statahead function on this Lustre version. I try to
> write the following entry into the Lustre init script in order to set
> this value permently. In which file should I write?
>
> echo 0 > /proc/fs/lustre/llite/*/statahead_max
>
> I have already tested. In case of editting /etc/rc.d/ec.local, it did
> not work. I assume I have to do this operation before mounting
> Lustre, after loading Lustre modules.

The rc.local script is likely run BEFORE Lustre is mounted.  The above
parameter needs to be set AFTER Lustre is mounted.  You can add a
permanent configuration parameter with:

	lctl conf_param lustre.llite.statahead_max=0

Note that this is permanent and you will need to reset this parameter
later with a new setting to re-enable the statahead:

	lctl conf_param lustre.llite.statahead_max=32

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.