[Lustre-discuss] Get OSS from client

Wojciech Turek wjt27 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 14 02:04:12 PDT 2008

Hi,

As far as I know from my experience in using lustre if OST is down
client will certainly notice that not only by hanging but also by
showing relevant information in the syslog. What you want to do is to
look for LustreError messages in your syslog and some of them will tell
you which OST is down. In that information you can also find out which
OST was serving problematic OST. In lustre operation manual you can find
chapter which helps to understand what some of the log messages means.

Regards,

Wojciech