[Lustre-discuss] Lustre locking up on login/interactive nodes

Tue Jul 22 06:18:00 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 12:04 -0400, Brock Palen wrote:

> Ok will keep in mind. Looks the same though,

Indeed, in most cases it is the same, with the one exception that from
syslog, we get time context.

> Its odd though, if I
> login to the same machine I can move to that directory list the files
> etc.  read files on those OST's  and notice this was eviction by the
> MDS,
>
> I see no lost network connections or network errors.  Strange not
> good not good at all.
> The syslog data is the same, its below:

Right.  There is nothing terribly useful in it though.  It's just the
notification of an eviction.  The real question is why did it get
evicted.  The evictor will know more about that than the evictee.

If the evictor doesn't log anything more than a "didn't hear from
client ... in ... seconds, evicting" then something is preventing the
client from sending traffic to the evictor.

b.