[Lustre-discuss] Lustre Performance Data for Simultaneous Reads and Writes from Multiple Clients

Daniel Ferber Daniel.Ferber at Sun.COM
Fri Jul 25 09:03:19 PDT 2008

I¹m working with someone who is modeling a customer system, and wants to
partially model Lustre performance as part of that.

What they would like is the following data, or similar, for a given network.
I say given in that pick any network config and any given stripe size and
any given file size (can be 250MB to 1GB), and then supply the following
data:

* From a single client, the read I/O start and stop time, or ³bandwidth²
* From a single client, the write I/O start and stop time, or ³bandwidth²
* Then introduce additional clients doing reads or writes and study the
impact, as in one client writing and four clients reading simultaneously,
and their start/stop times for IO, or bandwidth, and then one client reading
and four clients writing simultaneously, and their individual IO bandwidths

The objective really is to know how concurrent reads and writes impact
Lustre performance.

Does this data exist, or would someone need to go do and collect this data?

Thanks,
Dan

--
Daniel Ferber