[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.6.5.1 + kernel-ib doesn't work

Thu Jul 31 07:32:20 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 16:08 +0200, Danny Sternkopf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> installed all the new Lustre 1.6.5.1 packages on a CentOS5.1 system and
> if I start OpenIB the server crashes. It also can't be rebooted anymore
> until the kernel-ib RPM is deinstalled.

That sounds very suspect.

> Did anybody get it running?

Most certainly our QA department had it all running before we released
it.

I suspect that you have some other problem masquerading itself as a
problem with the OFED stack.

I'm afraid there is not much we can do to help you without seeing some
logs or error messages or the like.  You might have to instrument your
boot with some debugging to see where it's really getting stuck.

b.