[Lustre-discuss] Luster recovery when clients go away

Kilian CAVALOTTI kilian at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 31 10:51:59 PDT 2008

Hi Brock,

On Thursday 31 July 2008 07:30:04 am Brock Palen wrote:
> Is there a a way to tell the OST's to go ahead and evict those two
> clients and finish recovering?  Also "time remaining" has been 0
> sense it was booted.  How long will the OST's wait before it lets
> operations continue?

Well, there should be a timeout, and recovery should be aborted anyway
when then "time remaining" counter reaches 0, no matter how many
clients have been recovered (the remaining ones are evicted, I
believe).

In case this doesn't work, you can still avoid the recovery process by
mounting your OSTs with -o abort_recov.

Cheers,
--
Kilian