[Lustre-discuss] OST for Lustre

Mon Jun 2 12:14:35 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 03:08 -0700, Johnlya wrote:
> 1.First, I start one MDS on one machine and start two OST on another
> OSS machine,the first OST data is shared with one disk by ISCSI.
>
>       2.Second, I stop(umount) one OST on OSS machine and deactive the
> OST on MDS machine(lctl conf_param test-OST0000.osc.active=0);
>
>       3.Third,I install new machine and install Lustre, ISCSI. I
> start(mount) the first OST by ISCSI and active the OST on MDS
> machine(lctl conf_param test-OST0000.osc.active=1).It can work(mount
> successfully). But I find the OST is inactive device on CLIENT machine
> by command 'lfs df -h' and list files failed.

What are you trying to accomplish with these steps?  It sounds like you
are simply trying to move the OST "test-OST0000" from it's existing OSS
to a new one, is this correct?  If so, you can follow the process for
"Changing a server nid" in the mountconf wiki at
http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php?title=Mount_Conf#Changing_a_server_nid.
I would suggest you read about the general Writeconf section that that
procedure is a part of.

b.