[Lustre-discuss] Lustre Mount Crashing

Charles Taylor taylor at hpc.ufl.edu
Mon Jun 2 16:51:41 PDT 2008

Wow, you are one powerful witch doctor.     So we rebuilt our system
disk (just to be sure) and that made no difference we still panicked
as soon as mounted the MDT.   The "-o abort_recov" did not help
either.   However, your recipe below worked wonders....almost.     Now
we can mount the MDT but it does not go into recovery.     It just
shows as "inactive".     We are so close, I can taste it but what are
we doing wrong now?

[root at hpcmds lustre]# cat /proc/fs/lustre/mds/ufhpc-MDT0000/
recovery_status
status: INACTIVE

Which tire do we kick now?   :)

Thanks,