[Lustre-discuss] lustre and multi path

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Thu Jun 5 15:57:28 PDT 2008

Our new lustre hardware arrived from sun today.  Looking at the duel
MDS and FC disk array for it.  We will need multipath.
Has anyone ever used multipath with lustre?  Is there any issues?  If
we set up regular multipath via LVM lustre won't care as far as I can
tell and browsing archives.

What about multipath without LVM?  Our StorageTek array has dual
controllers with dual ports going to dual port FC cards in the
MDS's.  Each MDS has a connection to both controllers so we will need
multipath to get any advantage to this.

Comments?

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp