[Lustre-discuss] lustre file system with failover

trupti shete truptips86 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jun 11 05:07:56 PDT 2008

Hi
I am very new to lustre file system.
I want to know how can I test whether the failover is working or not?

I am having the following scenario of lustre file system--
MGS- /dev/sdb on node1 and failnode node2
MDT- /dev/sdc on node1 and failnode node2
(I am using iSCSI for the sharing discs /dev/sdb & /dev/sdc between node1 & node2)
OST1- /dev/sda1 on node2
OST2- /dev/sda2 on node2
And there are 3 clients.

If client1 opens a file to write and at that time if I umount the MDT (which will be mounted on node1) will node2 take care of? Will client1 experience any difference?

-Trupti