[Lustre-discuss] What do I need if I want to install lustre on ubuntu 8.04

Johann Lombardi johann at sun.com
Fri Jun 13 01:30:05 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 09:34:38AM -0700, Jmlover wrote:
> When I input the command " apt-cache search lustre ", it gives me the
> list of the package names including   liblustre, linux-patch-lustre,
> lustre-dev, lustre-source and lustre-utils. Do these packages enough
> for me to install both Lustre server and client??

Yes, I would think so. You probably need to apply the kernel patches from the
linux-patch-lustre package on the server side, recompile the lustre modules
(from the lustre-source package with module-assistant) for both servers and
- patchless - clients and also install lustre-utils on all the nodes.

Johann