[Lustre-discuss] CIFS

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Fri Jun 13 13:16:55 PDT 2008

On Jun 13, 2008  09:29 -0400, Wallior, Julien wrote:
> What about pCIFS? This used to be a project to access the MDS and OSS
> directly from windows.
> Is it still in development? Where can I download it?

pCIFS was a windows client that just allowed parallel access to Samba
servers running on Lustre clients.  It wasn't really a Windows Lustre
client, which we're finally starting on.  If you don't need extreme
performance for a single client, then having a single Samba server should
be fine.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.