[Lustre-discuss] add space of MDS problem?

Johnlya johnlya at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 04:35:37 PDT 2008

On Jun 13, 2008, at 12:31 AM, Johnlya <john... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 13, 2008, at 12:31 AM1, Aaron Knister <aaron.knis... at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Look on the lustre wiki for filesystem backup. The procedure is pretty
> > straightforward. I've done it four or so times myself and had no
> > problems.
>
> > On Jun 12, 2008, at 7:30 AM,Johnlyawrote:
>
> > > First I allocated 300G for MDS. Then I find MDS space is not enough.
> > > So I need to add some space to the MDS. Please tell me how to add
> > > space for MDS? Thank you!
>
> Hi, Aaron. Do you mean the information "15.1 Lustre Backups:Lustre
> provides filesystem backups at several levels. " ?
>
> I mean that I don't format(mkfs.lustre --fsname=test --mdt --mgs --
> reformat /dev/sda1) the MDS when I add space of MDS.
>
> Please tell me how to do it more detailed. Thank you !

below step is correct:
backup MDS:
mount -t ldiskfs /dev/sda1 /mnt/test/mdt/
getfattr -R -d -m '.*' -P . > ea.bak
tar czvf /home/test/mdtbackup.tgz ./
umount /mnt/test/mdt/

restore MDS:
mkfs.lustre --fsname=test --mdt --mgs --reformat /dev/hda4
mke2fs -j -J size=400 -I 512 -i 4096 /dev/hda4
tune2fs -O dir_index /dev/hda4
mount -t ldiskfs /dev/hda4 /mnt/test/mdt/
tar xzvpf /home/test/mdtbackup.tgz
setfattr --restore=ea.bak
rm OBJECTS/* CATALOGS
umount /mnt/test/mdt/

mount.lustre /dev/hda4 /mnt/test/mdt

I tested it and it can work. But I don't do it by its method. I want
to add space like adding OST.
Thank you!