[Lustre-discuss] 2.6.22

Bernd Schubert bs at q-leap.de
Tue Jun 17 12:27:33 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 05:50:54PM +0200, Papp Tamás wrote:
> Papp Tamás wrote:
> > Bernd Schubert wrote:

> >> I didn't have the time to test lustre-1.6.5, but it would be quite helpful if
> >> you could paste the oops.
> >>

> > helo!
> >
> > Sure..
> >

> I'm sorry for the last mail posting, the same happens if I compile it
> with these options:
>
> ./configure --with-linux=/usr/src/linux-2.6.22.14/ --disable-doc
> --disable-utils --disable-tests --disable-server --prefix=/usr/src/lustre
>

> So I guess, there is something wrong.

Yeah, this is what I immediately thought when I saw your trace. The kernel
developer somehow manage to change the interface to the cache functions
on each kernel version (though not during the last digit subversions)
The trace lets me thing these functions have been called with the wrong
arguments. However, lustre already has wrapper functions for this and
I guess the configure script did something wrong this time.
Unless the lustre developers step in, I will try to find some time
tomorrow or on Thursday to check what's wrong.

Cheers,
Bernd